John,

Have a look at PathPilot. I've just converted my Mill to it from Mach3 using a 7i92. It has the benefits of LinuxCNC but with an interface closer to Mach3 when it comes to wizards.

Cheers,

Peter

On 7/09/2022 3:37 pm, John Dammeyer wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter C. Wallace [mailto:p...@mesanet.com]
Sent: September-06-22 8:50 PM
To: Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Acorn CNC

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 18:25:11 -0700
A 7I96S is a much closer match to an Acorn (and has more
basic I/O and more expandability) for $149

A 7I95 allows 6 axis of encoder feedback (not something the Acorn can do)

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics
Thanks Peter,
I like that price better!
We're really back to the same issue which is ease of use.

Search for and ask for the programs that do what wizards do in MACH and what it
looks like Acorn can do with graphical menu choices.  Or find a bunch of
programs, run them from the command line to generate the G-Code.

I'll ask a few of the pro-Acorn users how they do certain things.  I know how
to do them in MACH using a wizard.   In LinuxCNC I'll write the G-Code myself
or use my CAD/CAM software.  Or just use the MDI to run the flycutter across a
casting a few times.

But most of the people who are somewhat 'anti-LinuxCNC' are not.  Personally I
think that's a problem.

John