I run Fusion 360 on Linux inside a virtual machine.  I use VMware and then
Windows 10 and then Fusion 360.   This works well if you have a computer
with enough RAM and CPU cores, and a good enough graphics card. I keep the
VM image on an M.2 FLASH memory that is very fast
  Inside VMware, you can specify how much RAM and how many CPU cores to
assign to the virtual Windows computer. Fusion needs maybe 4 cores and 24
GB RAM to function acceptably.  Linux continues to run on what is left over.

I have also run Fusion 360 in a 2011 vintage iMac with a 4-core i5 CPU and
32 GB RAM.    Fusion 360 has comparable performance on both computers.

The largest project I did on Fusion 360 with the above is a CNC conversion
of a Harbor Freight mini mill.  I modeled the entire mill and also all the
add-on parts.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 3:52 PM Martin Dobbins <tu...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So, following on from the CAM discussion and all the love shown to Fusion
> 360
>
> Has anyone tried:
>
> https://all3dp.com/2/fusion-360-for-linux-how-to-install-it/
>
> or something similar?