Many times Google translations from technical Chinese make no sense.
 A simple example I see many times is "pressure" used to mean volts.  This
is a sign that Googel Translate was used.   A bilingual human with an
education in electronics would know to say "volts"  But Google does not
know which interpretation of the character to use.  The problem is that
can't invent new characters, so the same written characters have several
different meanings and you have to know the context to sort it out.

My wife has 8th grade education in Chinese.  Enough to read newspapers,
watch TV and read most fiction.  But if I ask her to look at some data
sheet that is in Chinese, she says "it does not make sense"   It is written
in a way that engineers have to learn.

I think this is one of those cases.  The "circular soft algorithm" is
likely a really bad translation. And it might mean "loop" or "cycle" for
all we know.

They say it runs on Linux.   I doubt anyone would write a CNC controller
from scratch.   What else might it be based on?

BTW, the company also sells a real clean looking "A + B" smiling axis that
has two rotary joints with 50:1 harmonic reduction and stepper motors.
 Who knows how well it works but it looks nice.   Price is too high for me,
I'd rather build one.    This is a nice design to copy.  See how the 50:
reduction is integrated with the frame and to bolted to the frame.
amazon.com/Dividing-Rotational-Indexing-Harmonic-Reducing/dp/B09WLCTLCX
<https://www.amazon.com/Dividing-Rotational-Indexing-Harmonic-Reducing/dp/B09WLCTLCX/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=cnc+a+b+axis&qid=1673333303&sr=8-9>

On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 8:08 PM Thaddeus Waldner <thadw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 8) Interpolation Algorithm: S type, circular hard algorithem, circular
> soft algorithm:
>
> I wonder what is meant by interpolation algorithm.
>
> > On Jan 9, 2023, at 9:52 PM, Chris Albertson <albertson.ch...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Amazon has a turn-keyCNC controller for $480.  This includes the whole
> kit,
> > computer, FPGA, screen BoB and all except for power supply and the
> motors.
> >

> > Question:  Is this based on LCNC?   Seem like it might be   Below is a
> > quote from their web page, I added the bold face.
> >

> >>   - The DDCS Expert is a *5 axis motion controller for open or close
> >>   stepper and servo systems* with 7" full color display screen. The
> >>   highest output pulse per axis is 1MHz. The users can self-define the
> >>   functional keys. This controller supports multiple spindle mode,
> support
> >>   straight Tool Magazine, gantry type Magazine, disk type magazine. The
> >>   Operation system interface even though very comprehensive, can be
> learned
> >>   in very short time.
> >>

> >>   - The DDCS Expert numerical control system *adopts the ARM+FPGA design
> >>   framework*. ARM controls the human-computer interface and code
> >>   analysis and the FPGA provides the underlying algorithms and creates
> the
> >>   control pulse. This guarantees reliable control and easy operation.
> >>

> >>   - *The internal operating system is Linux based.*
> >>

> > Product:
> amazon.com/Axis-Controller-Handwheel-MPG-Emergency/dp/B09WLDKW53
> > <
> https://www.amazon.com/Axis-Controller-Handwheel-MPG-Emergency/dp/B09WLDKW53?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1
> >
> > User Manual:
> > /nvcnc.net/pdf/DDCS%20Expert%20User's%20Manual%20V1%20(Part1)-nvcnc.pdf
> > <
> https://nvcnc.net/pdf/DDCS%20Expert%20User's%20Manual%20V1%20(Part1)-nvcnc.pdf
> >

> > --
> >
> > Chris Albertson