Hi guys, hope you are all doing well.

My brother is changing some stepper motors to servos from a machine with
LCNC 2.4.3 and a mesa 5i20. The servos are D2 model from Hiwin.

The problem he's having is that, in rapid movements, after LCNC completes
its motion the servo motor keeps running until it reaches the desired
position. Apparently scale is ok and position is reached ok too, but only
works well in coordinate motion (G01) between two axes.

Could it be that the stepgen timing is too fast for what the servo is
waiting for? And because of that it buffers all the pulses and executes the
motion anyway? The manual says max frequency in LOW FREQ input is about 500
khz so this shouldn't be a problem but maybe the timing is not quite right
for what the servo expects.

By the way, I can't find any info in the manuals about the timing of the
step signal other than the max frequency and wiring diagrams for the
different setups.

I don't have direct access to this machine so there's not much that I can
do right now but it might be a simple problem so I had to ask.

Thanks as always for your help!

Leonardo