On 6/25/23 12:23, John Dammeyer wrote:
Gene,
I use Alibre.  Happy with that although not renewing support this year.
John

I looked at it, quite a few yeas ago now, but the cost to get a full copy
of it discouraged me.

The sample was too limited plus I just couldn't get my technical head around it. When I stumbled over OpenSCAD in about 2019, I was amazed at how simple it was to actually make something with it. Not at all usable with linuxcnc but absolutely the bees knees for additive stuff. I've now made 4 versions of this board mount with the last revision being .1mm smaller boltholes to the 3mm screws self thread with just a red ones deeper thread engagement, that will work but I need at least 2 of them so the one on the printer now will have 2.9mm boltholes. Made with PETG, much more resilient than PLA, and a 40C higher temp tolerance, should last till forever or the nearest star, our sun goes supernova. Outlast me for sure. The finished ones will get a dab of shoe goo near each corner and stuck inside the bases of 2 or 3 dead printers here. To mount much more capable printer controllers.

Take care & stay well, John.
[...]
Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)