On 7/5/23 06:03, andy pugh wrote:
On Wed, 5 Jul 2023 at 09:17, <marcus.bow...@visible.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

The problem I have is that because 4th axis is rotary motion on my
setup, the way the angular rotation speed is handled means the rotary
axis rotates at a very slow speed (a fraction of what the G1 linear
speed would be).

This isn't related to the lookahead, but rather to the interpretation
of "F" for combined moves.

It is generally better (and safer) to use G93 inverse-time mode for
combined rotary and linear motions.

("Safer" because some CAM software can put a _tiny_ spurious linear
move in, and what was intended as a pure rotary motion becomes a mixed
motion with the F-word interpreted differently)

I don't use _any_ cam sw Andy, I write my own code and have not encountered that. Thank the $DIETY's that write linuxcnc, I don't worry about such bugs, so when I encounter one, I RTFM again. And find the bug is mine...

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis