On 11/24/23 02:43, gene heskett wrote:
On 11/23/23 22:16, gene heskett wrote:
[...]
My rotary table was not expensive, but it has an adjustment on the depth of engagement of the worm, to allow backlash to be reduced.
I thought that was a fairly common arrangement.

Seems to be std, my 4" table and my bs-1 clone both have it.

[...]
To reference the bike brake suggestions, the minimum of a 160mm disk is about 100mm too big for this. The top would be hitting the mills head as it descends to do the work.