On Mon, 1 Apr 2024, Todd Zuercher via Emc-users wrote:

Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 20:49:01 +0000
From: Todd Zuercher via Emc-users <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: Todd Zuercher <to...@pgrahamdunn.com>
Subject: [Emc-users] 7i84 Trouble?

I am working at trying to set up a 7i84 io card on a machine that I am refitting and I'm having some trouble with it.

The outputs all seem to be working correctly, but I can only seem to get half of the inputs to work. I have 24v DC to all of the Vin terminals. The inputs on TB2 seem to all be ok. But the ones on TB3 are not. In Hal, the 1st 8 inputs (0-7) all read false (no mater what I connect to them, and the 2nd 8 all read true (8-15) no mater what is connected to them.>
The 7i84 is connected to the SS port on a 7i85S that is connected to a 5i25.

Any ideas what I might have messed up?   My best guess is that while I was
wiring up and testing limit switches I may have had a stray loose wire with 24v
touch against some place it shouldn't have.  (In hind sight, I probably should
have turned off the 24v while I was working on that.)

Do you have both VFIELDA and VFIELDB connected? sounds like an issue there

Todd Zuercher
P. Graham Dunn Inc.<http://www.pgrahamdunn.com/index.php>
630 Henry Street
Dalton, Ohio 44618