Found the main issue. The terminal block in wich the turret signals were
connected is broken. Some of them were making contact. I isolate the
terminals and now the no indexing problem is solved.

The only problem I have left to solve is why with some tools (like tool 8
for example) even if the indexing and clamping is done I get the tool
error.

In any case, the plan of retrofitting the lathe to LinuxCNC is still going
because I know this control will fail eventually.