> I'm just checking to get recommendations on tool setter placement and
> workflow.
>
> Thanks, Billy - aka Connor

Where to put the tool setter is likely where it's easiest for an operator to
also access the tool.

I don't know if the CNC router falls into an operation like changing a drill
bit.  For most operations one just sets up the tools, tool table for those
tools with the lengths in the tool table.  But if you have only one drill chuck
but need to drill different size holes then the way to use Tool #6 (the drill
chuck) is to set the length to 0.  The tool change software then just uses the
tool table length to set the offset and the tools are used without ever
touching off.

But with Tool #6 the 1/4" and then 3/8" drill bit are different lengths.  So
you might do a tool change to install the chuck and then pause over the tool
setter.  An operator then puts in the right size drill bit and the system
continues to then touch off that drill bit but doesn't update the tool table
length;  that stays at 0.  The holes are drilled and then rinse and repeat for
additional drill bits.

Anyway, that’s one scenario.
John