Pierre Neidhardt <ambre...@gmail.com> writes:

> I noticed that setting emms-browser-get-track-field-function as
> suggested in this thread will fail to work on tracks that were already
> cached.

Your cache probably contains records from the older version of
emms-print-metadata.  These records do not have albumartist and other
such tags.

Sadly enough the cache does not have versioning information, as far as I
know.  So if metadata tools (in this case emms-print-metadata) get
updated, the cache is not invalidated.  I usually do something like
(setq emms-cache (make-hash-table)) to clear the cache.  After that it
gets rebuild.  It would be nice to have this done automatically.

Caching in general is not particularly smart at the moment.  Also the
metadata extraction could be orders of magnitude faster by batching; now
there is one exec per track.

Regards and season's greetings,
Petteri