Warren Wilkinson <warrenwilkin...@gmail.com> writes:

> I've created the patch and attached it here. I'll be simultaneously be
> sending the assignment for to GNU.

We'll have to wait until the copyright paperwork is completed to apply
the patch to the main git repo. Please write back when you get the OK
from the copyright clerk.

But we can work on it in the meantime.

> Both mplayer and VLC are able to play .spc files, and those seem to be
> the only two players that use the common-formats variable that I
> modified in emms.el.

mpv also uses `emms-player-base-format-list', but using it is
optional. In any case, there is no problem with adding spc to that list.

The code also compiles with no warnings; which is nice.

As for the rest, can you please split it out to a separate file such as
"emms-info-native-spc" or "emms-info-native-id666" or similar? That will
scale better as we add more native info methods.