Hi Murat and Anne-Sarah,

I also believe that it is crucial to define what a "mistake" might be in
the context of machines or dispositifs.
Is the "technological being" (i.e. the machine/dispositif) able to make
mistakes? Or mistakes are entirely human being's responsibility?

I think mistakes are not liberation from machines (and here I disagree with
Murat), but they are intrinsic part of the machines.
And by mistakes I mean those technical shortcomings and imperfections in
the interaction process, those delays in what should be a real-time system,
those real-virtual registration and superimposition errors, especially in
Augmented Reality and ubiquitous computing devices and applications, etc.
These "mistakes", as I see them, not only permit the system function (of
course within an estimated and acceptable error range), but they can be
seen as a distinctive aesthetic aspect of the technological medium
(whatever that is). These flaws can be assumed (especially in artistic
projects) as the artist's "trace," or as the tool's "stroke" that can
reflect the attributes of the medium(s), the unique play between the
accuracy of the machine and our subjective actions, between the
transparency of the medium and its reflexive strategy (the flawless machine
vs. the subjective, "emotional" machine).
Isn't this an aspect of the intersubjectivity human-machine/dispositif?

Horea