This is my first and last email of the day in honor of the Women’s Strike.
Today in honor of International Women’s Day, women and their allies will be
vowing to not participate in any work, shopping, or other public activity.  The
void is to call attention to the presence that women have in our society and
the power they have economically, socially, and politically.   A world wide
strike organized by the Women’s March protestors, our own local group of
artists have organized an exhibition.  We have donated work that will be sold
with all of the proceeds going to our local Planned Parenthood and Women’s
Advocacy Center.  STRIKE DAY!  WEAR RED!  TALK TO YOU ALL ON Thursday.

I am hoping that if any of you on the other side of the world are participating
in Strike Day that you will let us know.
In solidarity.  Renate

Renate Ferro
Visiting Associate Professor
Director of Undergraduate Studies