On Mon, 3 Apr 2017, Lawrence Upton wrote:

"T. isn't the problem, so much as the neoliberal/corporate/diplomatic
structure that creates this kind of brutal power base in the first place."
A line in one of Douglas Adams novels comes to mind to the effect that the
politician we see is there to distract us from seeing where the power is

Agreed! But the problem is the clumsiness of Trump. I've long felt that it would be better to have a right-winger like Spence in power, because you can fight someone with a defined position; with Trump, it's one micro- disaster after another - the news here is full of this stuff - and first, it hides whatever he might be up to; and second, one of those disasters could end up being the stuff that real war is made of.

- Alan