A vantage from the Middle East, and merely propositions.

When I came back to the US for the Summer, I was not shocked to feel, but I
felt a shockwave when I re-entered the US media bubble.
I was watching ABC News, and suddenly the word TERROR flashed upon the
screen.  A crying woman, a man who talked about how cowardly the attack was,
and a law enforcement official said they would get to the bottom of it.
Punch, Pathos, and Promises of justice.
Normality restored.

I was watching CNN, and Randall's litany of TRUMPism spilled before me. The
World's Greatest Reality Show, 24/7.
I go to Canada, and TRUMP becomes Trump.
I go to Prague, and Trump becomes trump.
I go to Uzbekistan, and I hear, "Is Obama still your president, or is it that
Trump person?"
I go to Dubai, and I see shows on Emirati art, and programs about Japanese
Ikebana, and see billboards for the Trump Country Club from DAMAC.
(true anecdotes, although slightly exaggerated.)

Resistance to the current administration is paramount, but let's be honest.
It's primarily an American Problem.
As Geert Lovink and I have been discussing, the problems with trump are
threefold:
1: First, he is dismantling every great program since the Great Depression,
from The New Deal, to The Great Society.
2: He is, with his dramatism and absurd lack of foreign policy, creating an end
to American Hegemony, and worse yet, revealing a left that no longer has much
more moral superiority than the right for its lack of motivation and cohesion.
3: Again in conversation with Lovink, the end of Bimodernism and subsequent
Unipolar supremacy, results in an impotent USA that allows world order to
collapse into Spheres of Influence (Russia, China, USA, Europe, etc).
4: This signals a possible end to American Moral Exceptionalism created in the
World Wars, in which the USA is merely "another very powerful country" no
different than China, Russia, or India.  It is also discrediting the moral
superiority of the Democrats.

THE POINT.
A Problem with the fall of American Western Hegemony is that there is a
question as to whether the US will be the center of geopolitics, with Macron
and Merkel standing up to Trump. In fact, there may not be one for a while, as
China firmly controls its sphere, as does Europe (Minus the UK).  Secondly,
with the fragmentation of the Left, Solidarity is faltering.

How does one resist in a world that is increasingly fragmented, and
increasingly acts punitively towards negative dialectics?  I have a few ideas.
With my students, I engage a question: "Make the world you want to live in."
This is often socially aware, and with good ideas for general welfare.

Secondly, I look at Ebru Yetiskin's notion of the paratactic; distributed,
oblique tactics that work at the edges of the sociopolitical situation.

Third, Coopting local hegemonic media distribution. (See The Yes Men/YesLab)

Fourth, dropping to a finer granularity in engagement, such as groups engaging
in interpersonal  acts.

Fifth, understand your regional power dynamic. The Iraq War was a failure due
to the lack of a strategic post-war plan, and this is why the Iranians have not
risen up, as they know the Revolution gave very mixed results,..  The notion
that something else better will come along is a fantasy, and need to be planned
before any intervention.

This I feel touches on points of future interventionism.
Guidance and reform.