Happy New Year -empyre- We are 2,335 listserv members strong.  We have had an
influx of new members over the last several months and we want to take this new
year to ENCOURAGE you and our entire group to participate actively.

This is our nineteenth year as a listserv.  In 2002 -empyre- soft-skinned space
was launched BY MELINDA RACKHAM to create a “third space” or a “soft-space,”
one that is accessible and inclusive to all artists, writers, theorists,
curators, and others interested in sharing critical cross-disciplinary
perspectives on contemporary issues, practices, and events in networked media.
Over these last nineteen years we have nurtured global participants, including
those beyond NORTH AMERICA and Western Europe, to discuss intersectional topics
that bring together race, gender, and regional bias.  We encourage all
subscribers to extend an invitation to other colleagues who may be interested
in participating in our listserv to enrich our diverse community.

I will be introducing an OPEN CALL to finish out the month.  Looking forward to
hearing from all of you.
Best,
Renate Ferro
Curatorial Moderator