Dear all,
We will be introducing Fred McVittie and Janice Perry the two visiting
artists soon. I presume that Lorna is fast asleep right now as she is coming
to us from the UK.  In the meantime Patty Zimmermann presents us with some
pretty broad questions that may
be answered as the colloquium unfolds and our month on empyre actually
progresses.  I find definitions quite fascinating as an artist.   Aesthetics
is so often understood differently by whether you are operating in the
philosophical/theoretical world or the practical world.  That said I don't
think at this point it is a good idea to set up theory and practice as a
dichotomy. From Lorna's descriptions Making Sense is all about negotiating a
dance between many venues.

I'm hoping that all of our empyre subscribers will revisit our archives
from May 2009 our discussion Critical Motion Practice merged intersections
that entailed both  self-reflective and interactive movement at the
intersections of art,choreography, architecture, activism and theory.  Again
in September, 2007 our discussion on Critical Spatial Practice where
social responsibility
is at the cross roads of this interdisciplinary convergence. Tim and I are
hoping that our discussion this month will build upon those investigations
and bring in a wider audience for discussion.

For archives go to https://lists.cofa.unsw.edu.au/pipermail/empyre/

Renate