a note:
Kafka asks what if the Law, in its timely (l)iteration, were Justice, in its untimely (ethico-aesthetic - or ethological) imagination? the playwright, Howard Barker, follows, with an oeuvre imagining first freedom as a political telos and topos and then finding in the image of justice an adequacy freedom lacks. I think about the untimely of poetics and timely politics, wherewith theatre has equal wager. what to do is a question of politics and the action will be a timely answer, adequate or not; what to do it /for/ is one to which the untimely answer often comes last. (I meant it as a question, but Johannes - thank you - drew attention to it as if it described a dilemma: do you not think that the (fantasy) world we are traversing in this discussion has some intention in posing itself as this particular (multiplicitous) dilemma? that this intention works for, in aid of, political ends? is it not being demanded of us by this world - in shriller and shriller performatives - that we feel and think in a certain way about that which happens, /das Geschehen/? that we indeed feel, think and act /with/ a politics we would, if we gave ourselves the choice, disavow?)

Best,
Simon