Dear Renate and Tim, it's very moving hear your comments from the belly of the
beast, US, the worlds biggest superpower but also a nation in disray, being at
the same time the police of the world and having so much unfairness in its own
backyard.
On Monday we in Uruguay are going to receive six prisoners from Guantanamo,
they have been jailed without trial or accusation for 12 years. Yesterday I
presented my book about my years in jail and my many years in exile. Many of my
old jail comrades were there it was forty two years ago but it felt as today.
In my book I wrote about my many trips to Palestine and Damascus, Jerusalem,
Jenin, Gaza, Hebron, Baghdad.
I wrote as well how appalled I was when I realised in Palestine that jail was
now almost a common ground for so many people. Jail and police violence and the
militarisation of the world, the birth of so many mercenary armies as
Blackwaters and others I met in Baghdad. The most private armies recruited
their soldiers among poor Latinoamericans, Peruvians, Bolivians and people from
Salvador.
Violence is now a big industry and Blackwater and Haliburton and so many others
are profiting of it.
Ana

Skickat från min iPhone