Interesting, I see. Yes, it does sound like autovectorization could be
important for code like that.

I would measure code size after running binaryen's optimizer (say, wasm-opt
-Oz) on your output. Or are these usually small programs anyhow, and code
size isn't an issue for you? If you have existing benchmarks then measuring
the speed of the optimized binaries is also interesting.