From: Sam Hartman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 11:40 AM
To: Tschofenig, Hannes
Cc: emu@ietf.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: AW: [Emu] Re: Next Steps on Passwd-based EAP Methods

writes:

    Tschofenig,> Hi Sam,
    >> writes:
    >>
    Hannes> Hi all, before we spend more time considering EAP
    Hannes> tunneling methods like PEAP and TTLS I would like to hear
    Hannes> the opinion of our ADs on this subject.  So far, the
    Hannes> working assumption was that EAP methods that tunnel EAP
    Hannes> are outside the scope of the working group. These
    Hannes> statements were also repeated during the IETF#68 EMU WG
    Hannes> meeting by our ADs.
    >>  I at least don't recall objecting to a tunnel method.  If
    >> you're going to do a tunnel method you do need cryptographic
    >> binding when tunneling something that generates a key.

    Tschofenig,> I recall that you rejected the TTLS approach where we
    Tschofenig,> would have to add EAP support into TLS.  I am also
    Tschofenig,> happy to hear that you like providing EAP support in
    Tschofenig,> TLS.

Yes, I reject that approach to tunnelsing.  But you could for example
use the TLS application record protocol to tunnel EAP.