Pasi,

This state-minimization approach was proposed by the Stanford security review. In earlier versions of the draft, CSuite_Sel and RAND_Server were not included in GPSK-3, and were not verified. I'm not sure why the language you referenced below got updated after they were added to GPSK-3.

All -- Does anyone in the WG object to this change?

--
t. charles clancy, ph.d.                 eng.umd.edu/~tcc
electrical & computer engineering, university of maryland

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Charles,

Thanks for the update! There's one change I'm slightly worried about:

Version -10:
   For GPSK-3, a peer MUST silently discard messages where the
RAND_Peer, the RAND_Server, or the CSuite_Sel fields do match those transmitted in GPSK-2.

Version -11:
For GPSK-3, a peer MUST silently discard messages where the RAND_Peer field does match the value transmitted in GPSK-2.
I guess the security analysis of GPSK was performed assuming
the peer does check RAND_Server and CSuite_Sel?
While I can't come up with any attack even if this check is
omitted (e.g., RAND_Server and CSuite_Sel are still included in MK derivation), is the whole WG comfortable with this change?
(I didn't see any discussion about this topic yet.)

Best regards,
Pasi