From: John Mattsson <john.matts...@ericsson.com>
Date: Friday, 29 March 2019 at 11:34
To: "t...@ietf.org" <t...@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: Comment on draft-thomson-tls-sic-00

    Some more comments after reading the draft in detail.

    - The abstract and introduction only talks about the ClientHello use case.
Should shortly mention the CertificateRequest use case as well.

    - I notice that the draft does not have any requirement on how the client
gets access to the intermediary certificates. I think this is the right
approach.

    The problem discussed in EMU is that that many access points drops EAP
connections after 40 - 50 packets and that EAP-TLS connections with large
certificate chains may therefore be unable to complete.

    One approach discussed in EMU is that the client could take intermediate
certificates from an earlier EAP-TLS connection that was dropped by the access
point. This drafts currently allows that. I think that is correct. I cannot see
that the distribution of intermediary certificates need any security
requirements as the client can verify them with the help of one of its trust
anchors.

    Cheers,
    John