I do think this is where we can make TEAP’s sweet spot.  But we should avoid
differences in TLS implementations between TEAP and EAP-TLS.  That just
complicates libraries.  And it’s for that same reason that I’m just a bit
nervous about us constraining TLS 1.3.  Put another way: before we do so we
have to answer this question: what is so different about EAP than other TLS
applications?  If the answer is “nothing” for a particular case, then either we
have it wrong or TLS 1.3 has it wrong, and we should sort that.

Eliot