From: Alan DeKok <al...@deployingradius.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 18:40
To: Cappalli, Tim (Aruba)
Cc: Russ Housley; emu@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Emu] Idea: New X509 Extension for securing EAP-TLS

On Nov 12, 2019, at 3:13 PM, Cappalli, Tim (Aruba) <t...@hpe.com> wrote:

> How does a public CA prove ownership of an SSID?

  Do public CAs *always* verify addresses and/or telephone numbers, which are
normally included in certificates?

  Do public CAs verify that email addresses in the certificate work?

  Do public CAs verify that the OIDs in the certificate match the intended
use-cases?

  Is there a global registry of SSIDs which the public CA could use to verify
the SSID?

  To put it another way, I'm not sure why this question is being posed.

  Alan DeKok.