On Oct 23, 2020, at 3:37 AM, Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofe...@arm.com>
wrote:
> I do not understand certificate revocation checking is a topic specific to
> the use of TLS 1.3 in EAP-TLS.

  It's not.

  However, in the absence of another specification, we need to say *something*
for EAP-TLS.

> If this topic is important to the group then why isn’t this a generic
> recommendations for all EAP methods that use public key based authentication?

  I believe it should be.  I can update draft-ietf-emu-tls-eap-types to clarify
this.  Basically "almost everything else in EAP-TLS applies to all other
TLS-based EAP types, too".

> Wouldn’t this be a topic to address in <draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert>? IMHO this
> would make more sense given that <draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert> talks about
> large certificates and long certificate chains and any proposal to make those
> even larger should be evaluated in this context.

  I think that the topics are related.  But draft-ietf-emu-eap-tls13 is more
about the protocol, and draft-ietf-emu-eaptlscert is more about deployment
considerations.

  For me, this means that security issues such as certificate revocation
checking belong in the protocol specification, not in a deployment guide.

  Alan DeKok.