On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 at 21:44, Alan DeKok <al...@deployingradius.com> wrote:

>   I would argue that EAP-TTLS with only a client certificate doesn't make
> sense.  I'm not sure why it's in RFC 5281.  If you want to only use a
> client certificate, you should just use EAP-TLS.
>
>   I suggest for this document that we just forbid the case of using only a
> client certificate with TTLS.

No objection from me - and it now appears to be in draft version -05. While
there may have been client software that supported this, I have not seen
any recent clients that support this. The only reason I mentioned this RFC
5281 feature is that it's mentioned in the RFC, not that I have seen it
used.

I noticed there's also a similar new paragraph in draft -05 for PEAP. This
is a good and symmetrical clarification which I see being compatible with
[MS-PEAP]. The document Microsoft maintains says very little about client
certificates, basically just allowing them to be requested by the server. I
don't see anything that changes the use of inner tunnel authentication by
the use of them and now the draft confirms this.

Thanks,
Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen