> From: Alan DeKok <al...@deployingradius.com>
> On Oct 24, 2023, at 8:56 AM, josh.howl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > To be clear, what I mean is whether there is another IETF protocol that
> > *mandates* the use of WebPKI?
>
>   All of them.
>
>   Not explicitly, but implicitly.
>
>   I think the way out here is to not mandate the use of WebPKI.  Instead,
we
> can just say that the EAP certificate should be issues by the same (or
> equivalent CA) to the one which was used to provision the initial FIDO
> credentials.

That is an interesting idea, but it might be tricky for the supplicant to
validate because provisioning is performed through a browser?

Jan-Fred and I have previously discussed the option of provisioning the
supplicant (through the browser) with a credential for the server at the
time of initial PIDO provisioning. This was also looking tricky, but I think
the idea also has merit.

Josh