Dear End-Violence Working Group Members,

This is a compilation of the requests for information that we received
from Working Group members over the last fourteen days. Name and e-mail
address of the person that requested information is included so that you
can contact her/him directly.

Warmest regards,

the Moderators

*****************

                REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION
        ON END-VIOLENCE WORKING GROUP
                15 - 21 APRIL 2002

***

LOOKING FOR DATE ON MALE INSECURITY AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IN SOUTH ASIA

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone have data about 'male insecurity (including sexual) leading to
domestic violence' in the South Asian context? I am involved in a health
project and this would be really helpful.

Thanks
Nabesh Bohidar
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----------

WOMEN'S NGO IN BURKINA FASO SEEKS PARTNERSHIPS

Established in September 2000, the Association "Voices of Women" from is an
association for the defense of the interests of the Burkinabe women and
seeks to contribute to the promotion of women at all levels (law,
socio-economic, political and cultural).

To undertake community activities with the Burkinabe woman so that she
can fully take care of herself and participate fully in the life of the
city.  "Voices of women" is also a means of fighting against poverty and
all forms of violence against women.

* To promote the specific rights of women in socio-economic, political and
cultural fields ;
* to make women's rights popular and help them claim, their rights in
matters concerning them;
* to contribute to the development of women in terms of culture;
* to fight against violence against women;
* to contribute to civic education of the population in particular the
education of women;
* to develop solidarity between its members;
* to support complementarity between them.

We are looking partners in this matter for exchange, for informations, for
potential funders and so on.
Our contact is :
Voices of Women
09 P.O. Box 383 Ouagadougou 09
Téléphone. 226.38 47 08
Fax 226. 37 02 12
BURKINA FASO
Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You can also write to Gisele KAMBOU, General Secretary
Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----------

SEEKING STRATEGIES ON PARTICIPATION OF MEN IN WORKSHOPS
ON GENDER INEQUALITY AND DV

Hi there

I am a postgraduate student in the UK and am working on a project to
increase the awareness of gender inequality in societies, especially
close-knit communities. Has anybody any strategies on how to involve men in
these workshops, as more often than not, they shy away from attending
workshops that raise such issues including the issue of domestic violence.
My main objective is to find ways to attract men to attend such seminars and
educate them on domestic violence and the importance of sharing parental
responsibilities in marriages.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

warmest regards
Zorawar

Zorawar Singh
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----------

LOOKING FOR FINANCIAL EXPERT FOR AUDIT OF FAMILY CRISIS CENTER

     I am a board member of Family Crisis services, a domestic violence
center. We are a small non-profit agency. I have been asked by our board to
find an account to audit our records. We have had a great deal of trouble
with the director of our program. We need our records checked and audited.
But as a small agency, we are trying to have it taken care of pro-bono if
at all possible. I would greatly appreciate any information you could give.
Thank You

Brenda Luken
Board Member
Family Crisis Services
204 S. 7th , Canon City,
Colo.
Phone#  179-372-6748
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

***End-violence is sponsored by UNIFEM and receives generous support from
ICAP***
subscribe end-violence OR type: unsubscribe end-violence
Archives of previous End-violence messages can be found at:
http://www.edc.org/GLG/end-violence/hypermail/