On 04/16/2012 02:39 PM, Andrew Cathrow wrote:

Is there a 3rd option based on #1 where we just detach the disk rather than
detaching and deleting?
That could be further extended by adding an optional delete flag

This was discussed and the problem with that is that it's not backwards compatible. Current clients and ISV software expects to be able to DELETE a disk, and after that it expects that the disk is gone. If we change behavior so that DELETE becomes detach by default, then old clients when they DELETE without any flags will instead create a floating disk.

Regards,
Geert