On Wed 2016-06-01 13:46:28 -0400, Bob Henson wrote:
> On 01/06/2016 6:32 pm, Hakuch wrote:
>> are there any possibilities to create rules for public key attaching?
>> Currently, I send always my public key to everyone, even if I sent it
>> already 2000 times to a specific person.
>
> Why not just put your key number in your signature and let them get it
> from a keyserver if they want it?

 * some people don't want their keys on the keyservers unless they've
   been revoked.

 * not everyone has access to a keyserver (i've recently recieved mail
   from someone asking for my key by mail because at work they can't get
   through to the keyservers)

 * some people fetch their mail, disconnect, and read and respond to it
   while offline, so having the local key is handy.

I agree that keeping some state (or being able to infer state) about
whether your peer likely has your key would be a useful thing.  I'm not
sure what the right rules would be to make this relatively seamless and
not-confusing, though.

               --dkg