Hello,

Using Enigmail for some time now - thanks for your work!

As I understand, the GPG key for a specific email address is saved inside the
keyring, in my case the GNOME keyring. To decrypt an encrypted email Enigmail
needs to have access to that keyring. Which means, the GNOME keyring needs to
be unlocked so that Enigmail can access it and read the according GPG key.

Here's the odd thing: If the keyring is locked, Enigmail asks for the PGP-key
instead for the keyring password. Why is Enigmail not doing it the other way
around? Asking for the GNOME keyring password, checking if the GPG key is
already available and using that if possible? And only if no key is there it
would be asking for the GPG key. The reason behind this question is simple: I
do know my GNOME keyring password (which is the login password), however I have
not memorized my GPG key passphrase. But the way Enigmail is handling the
keyring access / GPG keys make some extra work for me (i.e. unlocking the
keyring beforehand).

Would it be possible to integrate an option that makes Enigmail asking for the
keyring password first (and therefore unlocking it) if I open an encrypted
mail? Maybe a simple solution like it is handled by secret-tool (secret-tool
lookup type unlock-keyring)?

Thanks

Malice