On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 22:25, Kim Woelders wrote:
> Morten Nilsen wrote:
> > if configure is run without parameters, prefix is set to /usr/local
> > enlightenment expects it's binaries to be in prefix/enlightenment/bin,
> > while they get installed in prefix/bin
> >
> > giving configure --enable-fsstd, this works..
> >
> > If I use --prefix, it doesn't work unless I give --enable-fsstd.
> > without having extensively tested this, I conclude that e requires
> > --with-fsstd to work at all...
> >
> > cheers,
>
> I am aware of this problem.
>
> Does anybody actually use the non-fsstd stuff, i.e. install to
> /usr/enlightenment/{bin,themes,...}?

I do, and mentioned this when I did my Solaris compile.  /usr/local is
shared off our team server in the lab here.  /opt is local to each
machine.  Once 0.16.6 is final, I'll be compiling on Solaris 8 and
installing in /usr/local for everyone to be able to use it (although
those that have moved to Gnome2 already here seem to be making do with
metacity =O( ).  Before then, I'm compiling on Solaris 10 and installing
in my local /opt.  If --enable-fsstd lets me do that correctly without
having to clean up afterwards, that's nice, but having it just work like
everything else would be way nicer... =O}

This is once again (for me) the difference between 95% of users running
on a barely networked Linux box, while I and a small minority are
working on a heavily networked/shared environment.  c.f. my long chat
with Miguel over gmc checking every directory below the current one so
as to figure out whether to draw a [+] by it or not in the tree window.
Fine on a desktop linux system.  Takes 4.5 minutes each refresh on a NIS
networked Solaris desktop in a building with hundreds of others on a
shared home server... (fixed since by changing the automount options for
/home, but still...)

Ta,
--
o o                                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
/v\ark R. Bowyer  http://www.bowyer.screaming.net   [EMAIL PROTECTED]