Hi all,
         I have a question. I'm automating certain things at the
moment and I wanted to know how we can determine the window class via
command line for a particular app? Please don't tell me to execute
xprop WM_CLASS|cut -d \, -f 2 and click on every single window that I
find!

Some apps however give some clues in their dot desktop file of their WMCLASS:

e.g:
StartupWMClass=scribus
StartupWMClass=gqview
StartupWMClass=Emacs
StartupWMClass=Firefox-bin
StartupWMClass=Grip
StartupWMClass=vncviewer

I guess those are specific and can't be changed. I'd appreciate some
clues about those. Thanks a lot.

--
With kind regards,
Didier.

Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe

Didier F.B Casse
PhD candidate, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
National University of Singapore.