On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 04:08, Ben Ford wrote:
> ewl_test is still broken, but I was able to create a working notebook by
> puzzling through the source.

Ewl_Test is working fine here. Can you please send a backtrace or some
indication of why it is broken as we aren't seeing any issues. (You have the
latest versions of all the libs and don't have them duplicated on your system
right?

> Now I have a couple of other problems.  If I add a notebook page to a
> notebook, I can no longer cleanly shut down the program.[1]  I'm
> assuming that destroying the window is supposed to recurse down and
> destroy children, since nothing else complains.  How should I take care
> of this problem?  Is the notebook failing to destroy it's children?

This will need to be looked into as it appears it is doing something it
shouldn't on shutdown.

> The second problem is this.  I'm creating a text widget:
>
>     text2 = ewl_text_new();
>     ewl_text_text_set(EWL_TEXT(text2),txt);
>     ewl_object_alignment_set(EWL_OBJECT(text2), EWL_FLAG_ALIGN_LEFT);
>
>     /* none of these properties appear to set properly! */
>     ewl_text_wrap_set(EWL_TEXT(text2), TRUE);
>     ewl_text_underline_color_set(EWL_TEXT(text2), 0, 0, 0, 255);
>     ewl_text_double_underline_color_set(EWL_TEXT(text2), 50, 50, 50, 255);
>     ewl_text_shadow_color_set(EWL_TEXT(text2), 128, 128, 128, 128);
>     ewl_text_outline_color_set(EWL_TEXT(text2), 200, 200, 200, 200);
>     ewl_text_strikethrough_color_set(EWL_TEXT(text2), 0, 0, 0, 255);
>     ewl_text_glow_color_set(EWL_TEXT(text2), 0, 255, 0, 128);
>
>     ewl_container_child_append(EWL_CONTAINER(main_vbox), text2);
>     ewl_widget_show(text2);
>
> and many properties aren't being set.  Am I doing something wrong?

The way the text widget works is that you can set several different attributes
on the text. When you set the attribute they will apply to the text that comes
_after_ you set the attribute. So, if you move your ewl_text_text_set to just
before the ewl_container_child_append it should work as you expect it too.
(Although I don't think wrap works correctly a the moment. Also, you've set the
colours for the styles, but you never actually set the styles onto the text.
You need to use something like:
  ewl_text_styles_set(EWL_TEXT(text2),
                        EWL_TEXT_STYLE_UNDERLINE |
EWL_TEXT_STYLE_STRIKETHROUGH);
to turn on underline and strikethrough.

If you want to set the text first then put formatting on later you can use the
ewl_text_*_apply functions which will overlay the formatting onto the text.

> And last, I needed to find the number of pages in a notebook, so I wrote
> a patch to do so.  Please review it.

There is an easier way to do this. The notebook widget in Ewl is inherited from
the Ewl_Box widget (You'll notice the first param in the notebook is an Ewl_Box
box). Ewl_Box in turn inherits from Ewl_Container. So, using
ewl_container_child_count_get() should return the number of pages. (And if it
dosen't then I'd consider it a bug in Ewl and want to fix it as it might also
include the tabs in that count which is incorrect.)

Let me know if you run into any more issues.

dan