David Seikel wrote:

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 21:53:28 -0600 Laurence Vanek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Total time 2.762 seconds, finding fdo paths 2.621, converting fdo
menus 0.006, generating 0 (rejected 0) eaps in 28 menus 0.105,
finding icons 0.000, generating eap caches 0.035.
==========

Im running Fedora Core 4 (updated) with box that has 2.4 GHz P4., 1
Gig RAM.

I hope this is more like what you were looking for.

Yes, although it's a bit disappointing that it created no eaps.  Do you
have gnome or kde installed?  Do they have menus with lots of stuff in
them?

I'll wait for others to try it and report the results before I
investigate further, could be any number of reasons for that.
I have both installed but do not run KDE. Run e17 as default most of the time. Only run gnome when have major e17 issue (which hasnt happen for a long time).

I could repopulate the .order files but I guess thats what e17genmenu is supposed to do.