On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 08:55:07AM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:

[...]

> > ./usr/share/ecore ./usr/share/ecore/fonts
> > ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/fonts.alias
> > ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/fonts.dir ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/Vera.ttf
> > ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraBd.ttf
> > ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraBI.ttf
> > ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraIt.ttf
> > ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraMoBd.ttf
> > ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraMoBI.ttf
> > ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraMoIt.ttf
> > ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraMono.ttf
> > ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraSe.ttf
> > ./usr/share/ecore/fonts/VeraSeBd.ttf ./usr/lib
> > ./usr/lib/libecore.so.1.0.0 ./usr/lib/libecore.so.1
> >
> > the fonts remain another issue (see last mail).
>
> this stuff should go away. ecore should get an ecore-debug package
> (look what i did with eet) which includes ecore_test, ecore_evas_test
> and the share files above (as ecore_evas_test is the only thing that
> uses them). ecore_confg should also be put into another package maybe
> ecore-util-config by itself as a utility tool for fiddling with ecore
> configs. a buildrequires may suck it in for build time for example.
> this should be done with evas too and all packages that contain these
> binaries that are PRIMARILY library packages BUT also may include
> binaries. edje is another example. u want an edje-debug (which
> included edje and edje_test and all the font/png/edc/edj etc. files)
> an edje-cc (which included edje_cc, edje_decc, edje_recc and the
> edje.inc file). also embryo is similar (embryo in embryo-debug, the
> default.inc and embryo_cc in embryo-cc package).

Last weekend I worked on ecore, evas and edje (and more).  I'm sorry for
reenabling libecore0-directfb. I thought it wouldn't hurt to have it
build and as long as no package depends on it it won't be installed at
all. While I was testing the build rules I noticed that emotion tried to
link against libecore_directfb.so but that was just my fault. Sorry for
the trouble.

Now for ttf-bitstream-vera:
I wasn't aware that fontconfig bears such problems. It worked for me so
I thought the fonts are there for distros that don't deploy them. Thus
another apology from my side.
Isn't there a way to save installation of these fonts as well as ecore's
and evas's fonts? Is is possible to load the ttfs directly from
/usr/share/fonts instead of having identical files installed? Maybe
there's a way to modify at least debian packages to handle it that way.
Just a suggestion.

Falko