Hello.

On 11/22/2017 05:50 PM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>

> The end of the year is near and we should start thinking about the next
> edition of the Enlightenment developer days.
>

> So far we have been doing good with starting to source a suitable location
> first and find the best dates after that. I would go the same
> route this year.
>
> Loking back at last years location voting we can see that Malta was on the
> top position together with Toulouse. With a close follow up of
> Paris and Edinburgh.
>
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/V27
>

> The questions comes up if our location proposals are still up to date. Are
> the persons willing to do the local organization still available?
> (move, different employer). If your name is listed on the location proposals
> list please clarify if this is still valid or not. Simply
> remove it if not.
>
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/w/events/location_proposals/
>

> One location that is not listed on the wiki which I brought up at last years
> event was Bangkok. As far as I know we have nobody in our
> community from there but if we would like to aim for a non EU event again
> this might be a sweet spot. In terms of flight prices from Europe
> and being in good reach for all Asia. Just an idea, we would need to find
> local help if people are interested in it.
>

> Please update the location proposals and start your discussion here.

Feedback has so far been very limited. Andy confirmed that Edinburgh would be
possible with a good lead time for the venue.

Any more comments? I would like to hear comments on potential locations as well
as actual location offers.

History has shown that we should start to plan for this early on to make sure
things can get sorted out in time.

regards
Stefan Schmidt