You're quit right that document is really more of a checklist. Which now I
look more closely is exactly what they called it too.
Their roadmap document is actually
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GTK+/Roadmap .

Anyhow for clarity what I feel we are missing in our "roadmap" is:

* What are we aiming for
* What are the milestones along the way
* What is the scope of the project and milestones
* (Ideally) At what stage is it ready for external feedback etc

Whilst presentation matters to an extent I don't think it has to be a table
or wiki page - though they are typically much easier to read as a quick
summary.

As you can see from the list above it is, in my mind, a document that
covers far more than is currently documented in our tickets
Whilst I would be happy to write and maintain such a document I am
concerned about the significant risk of it not matching your desires or
expectations.
As the community leader it is something that I thought you could pull
together but I don't know who else can speak for the community effort.

Just my thoughts,
Andy

http://andywilliams.me
http://ajwillia.ms