On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<barbi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 12:50 AM, Jean-Philippe André <j...@videolan.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,

[snip]

>> So what I think is that this is a great tool that you provide here, but I
>> doubt other languages than Python will adopt this straight away. Unless we
>> start working on a new binding, maybe?
>
> well, point is you can create a new binding just replacing the text
> files that are the template... so maybe even c++ and c# could be
> changed to use that without major issues...
>
> not sure if Felipe thinks maintaining an eolian generator on his own is worth.
>
> as for python dep... it will come with meson anyway.

We will test pyolian with a test generator. Not sure about bindings yet
because we need some flexibility that templating might not be enough,
for example for JS which generates registration functions etc. "Loops"
are weirder in that case, but indeed maintaining more code is not
exactly my goal.

I do think pyolian will help with new ideas that are going to be easier
to put in practice, which we might not even have seriously considered
yet.

@Davide: Could you create a EFL branch with pyolian inside? I think
this should not be outside EFL IMO.

> --