Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this.

On Wed Sep 26 10:03:30 2018, ras...@rasterman.com wrote:
> i already checked on the parts. i can buy a fan, but we had a spare
> parts box
> bought and shipped WITH the server and it has a spare fan in it. that
> fan
> should be the correct one according to my checks. if that box of
> spares can be
> found then there is a spare fan sitting on site already. i want to
> know if that
> spare parts box and fan can be/have been found? if not then i can
> order a fan.

I looked around the NOC today and located the spare fan.
However, I'm a bit confused about the situation.

I opened up enlightenment5, and there are currently 5 fans present.
All five fans were spinning as expected. I've attached a photo of them
spinning [1]. There is also a slot for a 6th fan which is unoccupied.

Looking through the ticket history, it appears at one point there was an
indication that FAN4 had failed?

JJ, did you ever open the box and witness a fan not spinning?
Did you already replace a fan?

I tested the spare fan and it also works. I wanted to insert this into the
6th slot in hopes that it would help with the temperature issues, but the
problem is that the sixth connector on the motherboard requires a long
extension cable to reach it. I didn't find one in the spare parts box.
I've attached a second photo [2] of this cable and the connector
(see where my finger is pointing). It's possible we have one of those
cables around somewhere, but I'm not sure yet.

[1]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gjT7Fjc9mBbsF7gwOANQWMVaf6h9EDYB/view?usp=sharing
[2]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1waDXm4RdpHtHIsXrtPQmVp04ggTtfYEA/view?usp=sharing