Hi Carsten,

In terms of the HDD's and fan issues have those all been resolved?

On 16/12/2018, 14:32, "Carsten Haitzler" <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

    On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 14:07:55 +0100 Jonathan Aquilina
<jaquil...@eagleeyet.net>
    said:

    > I have no problem with that at all if it helps to keep the project moving
    > forward. What is being done about simplifying the complexity of all the
    > infrastructure currently setup and in use?
    >
    > If we are going to be rebuilding why don’t we go with a centos
    > infrastructure? Something secure and reliable and stable with 10 year
support

    not useful for us as we regularly want to run things that need newer things
and
    these needs then updates to 10 years is not useful to us IMHO.

    what is probably better is really ubuntu. 6 monthly upgrades, big userbase
    tested and thus can stay relatively up to date with fairly minimal effort.

    see my other email - getting e5 back to full strength is first. i've gotten
an
    ipmi console - the java app though doesn't allow any kbd input - just
displays.
    pretty useless but ipmi serial console does work. so i was hoping that will
    work for a re-install. but first get the sata stuff sorted one way or
another.