Hello.

Freeze is on and while the tarballs might be delayed we can already look
forward and define what needs to be done in the stabilization phase to
make this release solid.

First of all I would like to ask everybody to look at the bugs tagged
with efl-1.22 in showstopper and high priority:

https://phab.enlightenment.org/maniphest/query/AWWSVak2wbzc/

16 showstopper issues
20 high priority issues

Everybody can help here and it would really be appreciate if I don't
have to chase people looking at them.

In addition to this we should get some more tooling running on the code
base to find out where we stand.

1) Running the ABI/API checker to find all new API and discuss them if
needed. Also checking if we have regressions in removed APIs.

2) Running Coverity to have some additional static analysis on the code
to see if it finds any critical issues we should fix before the release.

I have less time for this release handling than I had before. For
example I will be away next week (I will still squeeze in the time to do
the beta tarballs). Please help out even on areas that might not be your
prime interest.

For packagers I would like to remind that this release will use the
autotools builds system as official base. Tarballs will be generated
with. We will also provide meson generated tarballs where we would
appreciate testing (Simotek already promised to do that on OpenSUSE,
other are more than welcome). This is especially critically as we will
remove the autotools build system completely from master after this
release is out. It will only remain in the efl-1.22 stable branch at
that point. Don't stay behind and make sure your use cases are covered
with meson.

regards
Stefan Schmidt