Hello.

With beta 1 out I wanted to share some updates here.

On 28.02.19 17:45, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Freeze is on and while the tarballs might be delayed we can already look
> forward and define what needs to be done in the stabilization phase to
> make this release solid.
>
> First of all I would like to ask everybody to look at the bugs tagged
> with efl-1.22 in showstopper and high priority:
>
> https://phab.enlightenment.org/maniphest/query/AWWSVak2wbzc/
>
> 16 showstopper issues
> 20 high priority issues

The raw showstopper number has been going down to 13. But there are
certainly some on the list which I would not consider a blocker for the
release. My current personal shortlist of must-somehow-deal-with bugs are:

https://phab.enlightenment.org/T7360 Evas/Edje animations not in sync
Tagged as regression

https://phab.enlightenment.org/T7100 Performance issue when closing the menu
Tagged as performance regression

https://phab.enlightenment.org/T7292 Elementary test genlist crash,
freeze and other bugs

https://phab.enlightenment.org/T7269 Maximized internal wins dont return
to their previous size after unmaximize
Tagged as regression

> Everybody can help here and it would really be appreciate if I don't
> have to chase people looking at them.
>
> In addition to this we should get some more tooling running on the code
> base to find out where we stand.
>
> 1) Running the ABI/API checker to find all new API and discuss them if
> needed. Also checking if we have regressions in removed APIs.

See the other mail I sent about this topic. Look over the report and fix
issues you find or start a discussion if you are not sure what to do
about it.

https://abi-laboratory.pro/index.php?view=objects_report&l=efl&v1=1.21.1&v2=1.22.0-beta1

> 2) Running Coverity to have some additional static analysis on the code
> to see if it finds any critical issues we should fix before the release.

I had runs for alpha and beta1 submit and they have been analyzed. Chris
started to look through seem and submitting fixes. Thanks a lot!

I still see 30 high impact issues listed there. Resource leaks, memory
corruptions, etc. We should aim to have at least these fixed before we
release.

This could use more hands as well. Maybe only look at your area of
expertise and work on those places in the tree.

regards
Stefan Schmidt