Christopher Michael wrote:
> Alberto wrote:
>
>> Christopher Michael wrote:
>>
>>> Writting to try and get some clarification on a few TODO items:
>>>

> <---------- snip -------------->
>
>>> * make e internal windows (config panel, dialogs, config windows etc.)
>>> use special border styles by default.
>>>
>>> Which style do we want by default?
>>>

>> Instead of using a border style that already exists, I suggest adding
>> two or three new border styles, specific to internal E17 configuration
>> windows. Their physics should differ from regular client borders.
>>

> That is the plan :)
>

>> For instance, dialog windows should not be re-sizable and they should
>> not be allowed to shade. (they are the typical confirmation dialogs).
>> Also, their border icon should probably match the confirmation dialog.
>>

> I think we can all agree that "popup dialogs" (ie: msg dialogs) should
> not be resizable, As for shading...IMHO, not a good idea :( These type
> dialogs are usually meant to notify the user about a question/problem.
> Allowing a user to shade them means allowing them to potentially ignore
> the dialog forever (ie: it got shaded and they forgot about it), which
> could render some pretty nasty problems if it was an important
> dialog/question/warning. By not allowing a shade/iconify on these, we
> force them to look at/deal with the dialog. Also (imho) they really
> shouldn't have a close button (read X in corner) for pretty much similar
> reasons.

Once again, here's a thought I'm having. If it sounds stupid or
anything, please ignore it.

Would it be possible to have an Expose-like shading of everything
besides the "popup dialog"?

Basically you need to
1) Set it on top of everything else
2) Somehow disable everything else
3) Shade everything else.

Or maybe it's too much to do, or bad from a usability point of view.

My $0.02

Eugen.