On Tuesday, 13 March 2007, at 01:53:57 (+0100),
Peter Wehrfritz wrote:

> Thanks committed. It is indeed much faster. I changed it slightly,
> because your version had some problems with empty strings.

I intentionally left out the sanity checks at the beginning so I could
test it without having too much macro overhead in the way. :)  And I
never really thought about how an empty delim string should be
handled; your choice seems logical.

On Tuesday, 13 March 2007, at 09:26:08 (+0100),
St?phane Bauland wrote:

> 1) Why ecore_str_vector_free was removed ?

It's unnecessary.

> 2) Do you think 2/3 optionals string's functions could be good to have
> in ecore ?
>  - ecore_str_strdup_printf(format, ...)
>  - ecore_str_memcpy(void *, size)

No.  Completely unnecessary.

> Hehe ! I got a memory leak here :
>
> ligne 165 (ecore_str.c) :    s = strdup(str);
>
> looks like it isn't freed.

Did you not read the code? or at least my mailing list message?

"And as a bonus, you only have to free the array pointer and its first
element."

Thank you for dining at the Clueburger; please drive through.

> Ok ok i solve memory leak... I don't know if it's a correct way to
> remove it but apparently it's ok.

No, this is completely wrong and demonstrates no understanding
whatsoever of the underlying code.  Ridiculous.

On Tuesday, 13 March 2007, at 10:59:21 (+0100),
Sebastian Dransfeld wrote:

> Wrong fix! The user must free ret[0] && ret. No other
> possibility. The question is whether this function should do a
> destructive split or not.

I take it you missed the "s = strdup(str)" at the beginning....

Did ANYBODY actually bother to see how the code works besides Peter?

On Tuesday, 13 March 2007, at 11:38:27 (+0100),
Vincent Torri wrote:

> yes, you're right. I based my comment on what mej said.

You misunderstood what mej said.  See above.

> Why not only returning &str, instread of str_array, which is
> allocated for nothing, imho ?

YHO is wrong. :)  str_array holds the pointers to the tokens just like
before.  The difference is that I save a crapload of unnecessary
malloc()/memcpy() calls by reusing memory I've already allocated.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings (a.k.a. KainX)  http://www.kainx.org/  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 "Windows 95:  32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit