On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:01:16 +1000 David Seikel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 19:29:37 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 20:05:30 -0400 dan sinclair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > babbled:

> > > Isn't this what #edevelop was for originally? Couldn't we just
> > > enforce the topic in there and let all off-topic stuff go
> > > elsewhere (#e or some other channel).
> >
> > we could - but you know what it is like once a channel get certain
> > memberishp/traffic... main thing is to have it logged and put up
> > elsewhere.
>
> That's why although I have come back to haunt IRC, I have stayed away
> from #edevelop and other high traffic areas.  I'm a compulsive reader,
> all that off topic chatter soaks up my time.  It's fun, I just no
> longer have the time for it.
>
> At the moment I'm looking to strike a balance between running my new
> contracting business, open source projects, and doing things for the fun
> of it.  Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion takes up too much of my time, once
> I've finished that I might get more balance.  B-)

aye - work, a "life" and hacking can eat up time - irc added and it all goes.
my demon is my inbox. i am trying to clean out some of it right now... tomorrow
i will launch into the meat of it i think.

> How about we approach this from a different direction.  Instead of
> creating a new channel for pure dev talk and watching it get mired in
> off topic chatter, why not create a new channel purely for off topic
> chatter?  Then encourage people to go and chatter there.

lets move that back to #e - #e is for off-topic chatter, user community, and
user help. #edevelop is for literally ONLY development issues/talk. lets start
enforcing this - send people to #e if they ask for user help in #edevelop and
keep off-topic chatter out of #edevelop.

> May not work as we are a bit cliquey sometimes.  We like having our
> own little channels for dev talk and semi private chatter.  We would
> need #e, #e-chat, #edevelop, #edevelop-chat, #etk, #etk-chat, #ewl,
> #ewl-chat etc.

裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)