On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:05:55 +1100,
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 19:07:00 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:
>
> > --snip--
> >
> > I was just wondering if it was the right time to start a new theme,
> > which is a big big work.
>
> it is a big work, but the old one just was annoying me too much. i
> was trying to do graphics for the wizard and it just wasn't looking
> nice. everything i tried looked like crap.

I agree, the bling-bling theme doesn't look good at all when there are
too many widgets on the same window. Just put more than 3 buttons and
the interface will probably look overloaded. Do you have any mockup of
the new widget-set? I've seen some shots of the window-borders, but
what really is important is to have a coherent and non-intruisive look
for the widgets imho. Otherwise, you'll end up with the same problems
as with the bling-bling theme.

Another possibility would be to use an existing theme. Detour would be
a perfect candidate for the job! It is already complete, it has a
really good look imo and widgets always look good regardless to the
layout. And it will also save you a lot of work. What do you think?
(Tokyo would also have to agree on this of course.. :))

MoOM <Simon TRENY>