On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

> 2. Lets have actual weekly or monthly developer meetings - literally all-in
> live
> discussions - maybe IRC? Have actual agendas in meetings. Minutes.

We are doing irc meetings about xcb, and it's always very useful.

> 4. Try an organise some annual get-together. An "E meet" (I think I'll just
> call it "The Rave" for now - it fits with the whole E thing). So Literally
> find
> a place on the planet we all can/want to go to - go there.

The french developpers have already met deveral times. Actually not for
thinking about E but for dining in a good restaurant :)

> Now we also need to fix up enlightenment.org a bit - I intend to sink a bit of
> time into solidifying some content. The Wiki has a fair bit. Anyone is welcome
> to contribute as they see fit.

imho, the enlightenment web site is not good. It's quite difficult to find
informations. The horizontal menu is too small. In that page:

http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=download&l=en

the paragraph about e17 is not clear enough (there are 2 links without
explanation. Why doing a small page to say : go to other small pages)

etc...

> But the primary thing of importance is getting E17 out the door. It's actually
> looking petty good. Only 2 really big TODO items left. I'm doing a theme
> revamp. The Default theme has very much aged. The gold bling isn't incredibly
> popular. I'm working on something I think people will love - and it still
> shows
> off E. It will replace the current default - and will also knock off some of
> the "comment the default theme so its better documented for people to build
> new
> themes from and learn Edje.

I was just wondering if it was the right time to start a new theme, which
is a big big work.

regards

Vincent